To All Benefit-Eligible City of Oxnard Employees:
The Human Resources Department is pleased to announce Open Enrollment for 2021, which is open from Monday September 21, 2020 to Friday, October 16, 2020. During this time period only, you may add or drop coverage for eligible dependents and/or make changes to the following benefits elections:
- Life Insurance
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)* – including Health Care FSA and Dependent Day Care FSA
*Please note: Flexible Spending Accounts do not roll over; they require you to re-enroll every year. You must contact the City’s American Fidelity representative, Marine Zadourian, at (800) 654-8489 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org for enrollment information.
If you choose not to take action, your existing coverage options will remain the same in 2021 with the exception of the Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) as referenced above.
Beginning today, Monday, September 21, 2020, you may utilize any of the following three options to complete Open Enrollment:
1. Self-Service Option
: With BenefitBridge, you can enroll through a secure online system at your leisure. Please go to http://www.benefitbridge.com/oxnard
to start your self-service Open Enrollment. For BenefitBridge technical assistance only, please contact BenefitBridge Customer Care at (800)814-1862.
2. Virtual Appointment Option: In the comfort of your own home or office, meet face-to-face by video conference with an account manager. You will be able to walk through your enrollment virtually, ask questions, download brochures, and sign required forms. Schedule your Virtual Appointment during the Open Enrollment Period using the following link:
3. Live Personal Assistance Option: Account managers will be onsite to answer questions about your benefits and to help with the enrollment process. No appointment necessary – walk-in only.
Human Resources Activity Room: September 22 and September 25 from 9:00am- 4:00pm
Environmental Resources: October 13th and 14th from 7:30am- 4:30pm
Fire Department: Schedule to be posted internally (Fire Department staff only)
Police Department: Schedule to be posted internally (Police Department staff only)
Finally, attached are the following documents that you may find useful:
- BenefitBridge Login Instructions.
- A quick reference guide to all medical and dental plan rates and cafeteria dollars comparing 2020 and 2021 benefit years.
- Presentation of changes for the upcoming 2021 benefit year.
- Declination of Medical Coverage Form (If you are waiving medical insurance through the City, you must complete this form and return it to Human Resources along with evidence of other coverage as described in the form).
If you have any questions or require additional assistance, please call the Human Resources Department at (805) 385-7590.